AD

AD

Sunday, 2 December 2012

Sex assault victim was raped after told 'you don't need the police' by 999 supervisor

Victim suffered a harrowing two-hour ordeal while her terrified children were listening in the next room. She dialled 999 but abandoned the call after the 19-year-old attacker grabbed her around the throat. The operator heard a struggle and a man arguing. Fifteen minutes later a supervisor called her back and asked a series of ‘closed’ ­questions before concluding: 'You don’t need the police.'But the man could be heard whispering in the background forcing her to say everything was fine before hanging up and committing the rape in Southampton in February. He was later jailed for eight years.
Read more after the hack...

An IPCC report yesterday said a simple computer check would have told the supervisor the woman was a known victim of domestic violence. But the watchdog found that an entry on the call log said background checks had been done when they had not.

Hampshire Constabulary and the supervisor had 'gravely' let down the woman, said the IPCC. The supervisor could now face the sack. Hampshire Assistant Chief Constable David Pryde told the Daily Mirror: 'We failed to provide the appropriate level of service and I am deeply sorry.' But he added the report said it was 'not due to systematic or organisational failings'.

IPCC Commissioner Mike Franklin said: 'It is not possible to say with any certainty whether police attendance would have prevented this very serious sexual assault. 'However, what is clear is that this woman, who was in a vulnerable position, was gravely let down by Hampshire Constabulary and the control room supervisor when she needed their assistance.'

Source: DailyMail

9 comments:

  1. With video chat, members can now confirm at least the visual identity of the person they are communicating with.
    You may feel that it is not easy to get over your ex but
    these sites help you get close and intimate with the other persons before you meet them even if it's just for fun or for more. Therefore don't
    be afraid to browse and filter until you find the camgirl whose looks and profile you like.


    My weblog ... http://www.webcamsexshows.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the net the easiest thing to be aware of.
    I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries
    that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal.

    Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

    Have a look at my web page - Family Guy The Quest for Stuff cheatt for clams

    ReplyDelete
  3. ) Kingdoms of Camelot places the player back in the Britain of myth
    and legend, answering the call of the great knight Arthur.
    Children can absorb a lot of information from video games and most just love the excitement of playing them.
    The majority of games include audio sections in their menus.


    Here is my weblog clash of clans hack

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you would like to take much from this post
    then you have to apply these techniques to your won web site.


    My weblog - pub deodorant revlon

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're really a good webmaster. The site loading pace is amazing.
    It kind of feels that you're doing any unique trick.
    Also, The contents are masterpiece. you have performed a great activity in this topic!


    Take a look at my blog Running Shoe Reviews - Sports Shoes Direct - Womens running shoes Top running shoes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it whenever people get together and share views.
    Great blog, stick with it!

    Here is my web page; Get Vine Followers

    ReplyDelete
  7. For newest information you have to visit the web and on web
    I found this site as a best website for hottest updates.



    My page; keyless door locks with remote

    ReplyDelete
  8. Testimony of how i got my husband back. I am Claire Griffiths by name and I live in a village in the south of England, United Kingdom. My husband packed out of the house and file for divorce after 15yrs of marriage, i was worried and so confuse because i love him so much. i was really depressed and dont know what to do because i really need him back home to me and the kids and i told a friend of mine about it and she directed me to this spell caster, Dr.Unity who she comfirm he helped her when her marriage was collapsing and i made all my problems known to him and he told me not to worry that he was going to make my husband to come back to me and in just 28hours and he told me what is needed to be done so that he can cast the return spell for me so that my husband will come back to me for good and stay with me forever and i did it. After the spell has been casted, i received a call from my husband and he was appealing that he is coming back to the house. I have never in my life believe in spell, but now it have helped me to get my husband back and i am so happy. All Thanks to Dr.Unity and if you are there and your lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster Dr.Unity on his email: Unityspelltemple@gmail.com or Add him up on Whats-app: +2348071622464, visit his website for more details:http://unityspelltemple.yolasite.com .

    ReplyDelete