Are you on LinkedIn, Pinterest? Do you tweet? Do you blog? Do you spend time on Youtube, Facebook or G+ ? Perhaps, you likely are presently engaged in one of these before getting on this page. Yes, social media as a business tool cannot be over-emphasized. Already, individuals and many organisations alike have absorbed social media into their marketing and PR.
This post highlights 10 key strategies to make social media an effective for your personal brand or business:
2. Use One Display PictureYes, this might seems boring but it very much professional for a personal brand to use the same image (even it if requires changing them occasionally) across each platform that represents your brand online.
3. Tagline ConsistencyYour personal tagline is where you say who you are and what you do in about 10-140 characters. Make sure it’s identical everywhere- on your Twitter bio as well as LinkedIn.
4. Know Your AudienceThis perhaps could be difficult at the start but identifying a niche market or finding where your target audience like to hang out and target that platform via an effective strategy.
5. Connect with Key NamesEvery industry has its “Mafia”. It is important to know them and start following or engaging with them online so as to ensure you’re on their radar.
6. Content MarketingProcuring quality content can be challenging but necessary to continually engage your audience. But setup a system of procuring quality content from the web relevant to you audience. Present this to your network regularly- just remember to add your personal twist to avoid plagiarism or duplicate content.
7. Create ContentCreating content is better than procuring content and more challenging. Content can be anything from a blog post, a podcast or a Youtube clip
8. ListenUse Twitter search, LinkedIn signal and Google Alerts so you can monitor mentions of your name, company and keyword related to your industry.
9. Meet PeopleSome of the greatest relationships start on social networks and are taken offline. Meeting people for a drink or at events creates even stronger bonds online.
10. Remember to Switch OffSocial media is a time bandit. Set a limit.
Personally, I do employ majority of these steps and still need to improve on other areas. Which of these steps are you effectively using presently, share with us ? Tweet